What is Sites Pro?
Flexible, fast, and cost-effective website development!
Sites@Duke Pro, or "Sites Pro," is a new website solution from OIT and Duke Web Services that offers professional, Duke-branded, Drupal/React websites with robust built-in functionality and enterprise integrations. This decoupled service with a user-friendly interface and innovative infrastructure provides an affordable and sustainable alternative to costly custom development.
- Our flexible admin interface allows content editors to easily manage (and reuse!) content and media items to create custom page layouts. Changes normally done by web developers can now be done by site editors!
- All Sites Pro websites use our professionally designed, front-end visual design theme. This "look and feel" is compatible with Duke's style guide and brand standards, and is designed to be responsive on mobile devices.
- Sites Pro websites meet all Duke guidelines for IT security, web accessibility, web hosting, and service-level agreements for long-term maintenance. They are also compatible across browsers, platforms, and devices.
The Sites Pro experience is a dream for web managers. Gone are the days when developers need to step in for every custom layout, functionality change, or menu adjustment… Content editors can do it all!
Beyond that, knowing that you’re using a Duke-supported system means no worries about changes to Duke policies on security, accessibility, tools, etc. You can be confident that Sites Pro will have you covered.
Stephanie Martinek, Web Administrator, Sanford School of Public Policy
Is Sites Pro the right choice for your website?
OIT offers three primary website services to meet your website needs:
- Sites@Duke Express – formerly Sites@Duke WordPress
- Sites@Duke Pro
- Custom website – unique visual design or development through Duke Web Services, or another non-OIT or external vendor
Sites@Duke Pro is ideal for schools, departments, institutes, centers, labs, initiatives, programs, schools, and more. Many of our users are, but are not limited to, communicators or administrative staff.
Legend: ✓ = yes; – = no
|Feature||Sites Express||Sites@Duke Pro||Custom Website|
|Maintenance fee||Free||$250 per month||Varies|
|Timeline to receive staging site||Immediate||2 weeks||Varies|
|Content management system (CMS)||WordPress||Drupal||Varies|
|Timely security patching||✓||✓||✓|
|Custom domains||By request||✓||✓|
|Dedicated support team||–||✓||✓|
|Accessibility review included||–||✓||✓|
|Duke NetID-protected pages||–||✓||✓|
|Introductory UX consultation||–||✓||✓|
|Enhanced content types & integrations||–||✓||✓|
|Custom design & development||–||–||✓|
Sites@Duke Pro is not recommended for:
- Sensitive or restricted data, according to Duke's data classification standard (explore alternative collaborative work tools that may meet this need)
- Sites that require sophisticated forms, unique visual design, customized databases, credit card payments, or other complex user interactions
- Personal websites