Sites Pro users can suggest new system features
A feature is a specific piece of functionality or an integration with another system. Each feature must be planned, designed, built, and tested, and will be made available to all Sites Pro users during a scheduled release window. Suggestions will be evaluated by the Sites@Duke Pro Management and User Groups, and urgent feature requests cannot be accommodated.
System bugs and technical issues do not follow this process and should instead be reported to the OIT Service Desk, where they will receive more immediate attention over new feature development.
Follow the steps below to submit your feature suggestions for Sites Pro.
REVIEW EVALUATION CRITERIA
Check the Criteria for Evaluation below to confirm whether your request might be a good fit for Sites Pro.
- Compatibility with an enterprise website system
- Unique functionality not already available through existing tools
- Benefit to the overall Sites Pro user community
- Ability to make the feature available at little or no additional cost to customers
- Technical criteria and effort level required for implementation
- Adherence to best practices and policies for accessibility, usability, and security
- Alignment with Duke style guide and evolving web trends
UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS
Familiarize yourself with our Governance and System Enhancements plans. Each request must go through a cycle of review, approval, prioritization, and implementation.
SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST
Fill out our online form with the details of your desired feature.
We will assess your request and communicate status updates through Microsoft Teams.
Accepted requests will be prioritized and scheduled for implementation in a future release. Status will be communicated through Microsoft Teams and the News & Updates page.