"Stormy" Release Notes
This quarterly release adds user-requested integrations and improves system performance and usability
Our aptly-named Stormy release was deployed to Sites@Duke Pro during the week of October 3, 2022 – just after Tropical Storm Ian swept through campus. Stormy’s namesake, the cat of Sites Pro service owner Ryn Nasser, personally signed off on the update with a flick of her tail and an authoritative meow.
Stormy focuses on improving user experience through accessibility, quality assurance (QA), system infrastructure, and usability enhancements – as well as small feature additions requested by our users.
The Sites Pro base build offers integrations with a number of enterprise systems and third-party services. In response to feature requests from our users, Stormy adds the ability for site editors to embed content from the following services:
- Panopto – Duke’s enterprise platform for recording and sharing video
- Microsoft Bookings – a scheduling tool available as part of Office 365
- IM Leagues – a league registration platform
These embeds can be added to Pages and Stories using an iFrame content block.
Stormy includes a number of "under the hood" code and infrastructure enhancements to improve system performance, reliability, scalability, and stability. These updates:
- Bring underlying Sites Pro technology up to the latest versions (e.g., moving from PHP7 to PHP8).
- Provide a more seamless editing experience for our users by improving the integration between the back-end Drupal database, Preview pane, and front-end website.
- Make it easier for our team to update and maintain the Sites Pro service moving forward.
other notable stormy updates
- Minor tweaks to the Resource content type in response to QA and user feedback
- Accessibility enhancements – such as adding underlines to links with header styles (see example image below) and improving help text to guide content editors toward making more accessible choices
- Removing the "BIO" subheading from Profile pages
- QA fixes submitted by users
Training documentation will be available on userguide.sitespro.duke.edu shortly. If you have a question about a specific update, please contact us!
Also, you can submit new feature ideas for consideration through our New Feature Request process.